Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fakt 196


One thing I have learnt from pottering around my garden is that completion of a task - laudable as it is - is not the sine qua non of accomplishment.

I learnt another thing while riding my bicycle. Wide handlebars, while great for technical descents, are a problem on single track with closely spaced trees. More to the point, find the hand position that you are most comfortable with then cut your bars so that the grip does not extend beyond the outside edge of your hand. You are much less likely to smack your hand against a tree than clip the outside edge of your bar.




No matter how clever you are in estimating gaps and getting the timing just right there will be plenty of opportunity for you to be distracted, over-confident, tired, or carrying just a bit too much speed to get it all wrong. Do it. You can thank me later.




No comments:

Post a Comment